In this episode of The Best Thing, I talk to the founder of Ziva Meditation and the leading expert in meditation for performance, Emily Fletcher.
In your life, you may have noticed how telling a ‘little white lie’ can quickly lead to telling a big lie. No one sets out to become a liar, it seems to be one of those things that just happen over time.
In this raw and honest conversation, Emily talks about how over time she found her self with the title of “Navy SEAL level liar.”
This led to her journey of finding the truth about herself and learning the skill of how to tell the the truth to herself and others in her life.
Listen on Apple
Listen on Spotify
Listen on Google
Quick Episode Summary
- Meet Emily
- Mediation for performance
- Meditation is a personal investment
- An accessible approach to meditation
- Stress is making you stupid, sick and slow
- You’re better at lying to yourself than you think
- Co-dependence: Someone who is willing to put happiness above their -own
- Pledge allegiance to the truth
- Coaching vs. Therapy
- The source of validation is internal, not external
- Revealing creates intimacy
- Achieving grace in a season of self-discovery
- Lead with curiosity rather than assumptions
- The anticipation of the conflict is always worth than the conflict itself