In this episode of The Best Thing podcast, Antonio Neves talks about what makes the broken beautiful with Mary Marantz.
Mary is the author of “Dirt: Growing Strong Roots In What Makes The Broken Beautiful,” host highly- ranked and popular podcast The Mary Marantz show, and an in demand speaker.
In a powerful conversation, Mary talks about being a generational change breaker and how she transitioned from growing up in a trailer in West Virginia to graduating from the top law school in the country to turning down six-figure jobs to start a business with her husband.
Listen on Apple
Listen on Spotify
Listen on Google Podcasts
Listen on Amazon Music
Quick Episode Summary
- Meet Mary Marantz
- The experience of meeting people who are made from the same cloth
- The “muddy” part of your story
- The role of Empathy in Mary’s journey
- Owning the successful parts of your story
- Reality check math
- The pitfalls of operating out of stress and lack
- The legend of the J. Crew sweater.
- The best thing for Mary Marantz
- God likes to see us create our own momentum
- The courage to shut the “obvious” doors
- The journey is more important than the destination
- Advice for those who want to pivot to do something new
- We have to believe in something bigger than ourselves