In this episode of The Best Thing podcast, I talk to the author of two of the best-selling business books of all time, Marcus Buckingham. This powerful episode teaches you how to overcome anything.
Marcus is known as the world’s most prominent researcher on strengths and leadership at work. His assessments have been taken by over 10 million people worldwide. Marcus is the author of 9 books, including Nine Lies About Work: A Freethinking Leader’s Guide to the Real World.
In a revealing conversation, Marcus shares how he overcame having an extreme stutter and how this positively shaped and influenced his life.
Quick Episode Summary
- Meet Marcus
- Why Marcus loves the stage
- The truth in numbers
- The greatest thing Marcus’ mentor taught him
- How Marcus came to the US
- The best thing that ever happened to Marcus
- Be okay with the silence
- What Marcus has learned from the lockdown
- Marcus’ mission
- Nine Lies About Work: A Freethinking Leader’s Guide to the Real World
- Marcus’ Instagram
- Marcus’ Twitter
- Marcus’ Website