In this episode of The Best Thing, Antonio Neves talks to acclaimed author, millennial workplace expert and motivational speaker, Adam Smiley Poswolsky. They talk about making friends during a pandemic.
Listen on Apple
Listen on Spotify
Listen on Google Podcasts
Smiley is author of multiple books including The Quarter-Life Breakthrough and The Breakthrough Speaker. He regularly speaks at Fortune 500 companies and has advised heads of state and foreign leaders about millennial talent, multigenerational engagement, and fostering belonging in the digital age.
Smiley’s TED talk on “The Quarter-Life Crisis” has been viewed over 1.5 million times and his work has been featured in the New York Times, The New Yorker, The Washington Post, among many other outlets.
In a compelling conversation that’s vitally important for these times, Antonio and Smiley discuss his book, Friendship In The Age Of Loneliness. The book focuses on how friendships and social bonds are vital to our health and happiness and how to take care of your people and form deep connections in the digital age.
Quick Episode Summary
- How are you and your friends?
- Welcome, Smiley!
- How Smiley describes his job
- What Smiley wishes he could tell his younger self
- How Smiley has adjusted to a digital year
- The downside of living on the road
- What led up to Smiley’s serendipities book release
- The mission behind Smiley’s book
- How we can all be better friends
- Smiley’s answer to “The Best Thing”
- Where the name “Smiley” came from
- What people are truly looking for
- The power of showing up even when you don’t win