In this episode of The Best Thing, I talk to best-selling author and the founder of Headbands of Hope, Jess Ekstrom, about the best thing to ever happen to her that doesn’t include the traditional markers of success.
Jess’s book, Chasing the Bright Side, has captivated hearts and minds nationwide spreading the message of resilience and optimism. In this powerful conversation, Jess shares how her family losing everything in the Bernie Madoff Ponzi scheme taught her to appreciate and attack life by making a difference in other people’s lives.
Listen on Apple
Listen on Google
Listen on Spotify
Quick Episode Summary
- Meet Jess Ekstrom!
- The best thing to happen to Jess
- When Jess’ Make A Wish story from working at Walt Disney World
- We can always control our story
- How Jess became a giver
- How Bernie Madoff’s Ponzi scheme affected Jess’ life
- How Jess uses optimism to stay resilient
- Google doesn’t tell you the whole story
- How to turn around your embarrassing moments
- How to start moving forward How breakthrough comes