In this episode of The Best Thing podcast, Antonio Neves talks to the author of Rules of The Red Rubber Ball (over 300,00 copies sold) and acclaimed speaker, Kevin Carroll. They talk about the idea of “I’m not for everyone” and why it’s important.
Kevin’s fascinating life and career has taken him from serving in the Air Force to working in the NBA as a head trainer to working with the global brand Nike and so much more.
In this lively conversation, Kevin shares how he made a bold decision to speak up when he was in the Air Force and how this changed the course of his life.
Listen on Apple
Listen on Spotify
Listen on Google Podcasts
Quick Episode Summary
- Get to know Kevin Carroll
- The story behind Kevin’s signature hat
- The common thread behind everything that Kevin does
- Legacy: The measure of who you are
- Show up authentically in every scenario
- The one thing that has helped Kevin be widely successful
- One of the only things more important than success
- The secret to life that will free you
- How Kevin stays encouraged
- How curiosity gives you an advantage
- The most uncommon mentors to learn from
- One lesson we should all learn from children
- The moment that changed the course of Kevin’s life
- Kevin’s answer to ‘the best thing’
- The most enduring thing you can say to someone
- The cheat code to having the life you want