In this episode of The Best Thing, Antonio Neves talks to the author of ‘Pregnant Girl’ and the founder of Generation Hope, Nicole Lynn Lewis. They talk about helping teen parents thrive.
Listen on Apple
Listen on Spotify
Listen on Google Podcasts
A former teen mother who put herself through college with her three-month old daughter in tow, Nicole now works every day to change the statistic that less than 2% of teen mothers will earn their degrees before age 30.
Nicole has been honored as a CNN Hero and has been featured on major news outlets including Good Morning America, NBC Nightly News, and the Washington Post.
In a compelling conversation, Nicole shares her story of teen motherhood and creating a better future for young families.
Quick Episode Summary
- Get to know Nicole
- The stigma around teen parenthood
- Historically when pregnancy rates were the highest
- How race plays a role in teen pregnancy
- What it was like in the early days for Nicole to start a nonprofit
- Some of Nicole’s favorite alumni success stories
- The power behind the words you use
- The true ripple effect of pouring into others
- Nicole’s answer to “The Best Thing”
- What Nicole’s support system was like in her time of need (and why she created her own)
- Nicole’s journey of book writing
- Why Nicole decided that this is her passion
- How to connect with Nicole’s mission