In this episode of The Best Thing podcast, I talk to explorer and author, Bassam Tarazi about the best thing to ever happen to him that would never appear on a resume, bio or come up in a conversation.
Bassam has traveled to all 7 continents and to 73 countries, lived on an Alaskan glacier for eight days, and climbed to Mt. Everest base camp just to name a few of his adventures. He’s the author of three books including, Borders, Bandits & Babywipes: A Big Adventure in a Tiny Car. In this powerful conversation, Bassam shares what he learned when the financial crisis hit in 2007 and he lost his job and had to chart an unexpected path.
Listen on Apple
Listen on Spotify
Listen on Google
Listen on Stitcher
Listen on Overcast
Quick Episode Summary
- Meet Bassam!
- The best thing that ever happened to Bassam
- Permission to live your own narrative
- How to handle things outside of your control
- How to make the right decisions
- Breaking free of loved one’s expectations
- How being adaptable led to Bassam’s success
- Why Bassam loves traveling
- How to change the moment
- Planned grit
- It is never too late